anglais texte écrit: The Sixties Idea of progress
Publié le 06/12/2022
Extrait du document
The Sixties Idea of progress
First of all, what is the concept of progress ?.
I would like to give a quick definition of that notion.
The idea of progress can be defined as an improvement, a development or a change a technical, scientific or social advance which contributes to making the world a better place.
The period the most representative of the progress is the sixties.
We can ask ourselves the following question: How the sixties in the UK could be a period of progress ? on the social side the progress is impressive.
For instance in music, some rock bands appears and revolutionized the music like The Beatles, The Who, The doors, and The Rolling Stones.
How we can see in the movie "Good morning England" we could hear them with our transistor radios on the frequency of pirate-radio who broadcasting rock'n'roll 24 hours a day.
These Rock band bringing with them a new culture.
Indeed the 60' was the symbol of youth and drugs.
The young people were more numerous because of baby boom. They embody a new generation, rebel and engaged.
They stood for a powerful social and cultural force.
Comes along with that comes, a more consumerism of drugs like marijuana or LSD by Hippies.
To sum up, They invented a counter culture, a culture with values and lifestyles that go against of the.... »
- Idea of progress - The Sixties
- ENGLISH : IDEA OF PROGRESS :I’m going to present to you the notion Idea of progress.
- essay anglais: In my opinion, the improvement of human capacities poses several problems
- Montesquieu a écrit le texte proposé issus de « Lettres persanes ». Il a été écrit à la fin du règne de Louis XIV. Dans quelles mesures cette lettre plutôt ironique traduit-elle la monarchie absolue de Louis XIV ?
- Anglais leçons: Description Poster The Day After Tomorrow